According to the sources, The Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) arrested nine suspected terrorists in karachi, recovered bombs, suicide jackets, hand grenades and 30 bore pistols from their possession.
After receiving details regarding the planned activities of terrorist outfits in the city during Muharram, a team headed by CTD head Raja Umer Khattab was set up, a press release by CTD stated.
The team discovered that suspected terrorists and alleged members of Al Qaeda in the Indian Subcontinent (AQIS) and Lashkar-i-Jhangvi (LJ) were planning on employing suicide jackets, hand grenades, bombs and carrying out target killings in Karachi, the CTD said.
SUSPECTED TERRORISTS NAME LIST:
- Faiz-ul-Rehman alias Abdullah alias Daniyal (AQIS Karachi-sector chief)
- Mustafa alias Shahzad (AQIS Karachi-sector second-in-command)
- Mohammad Afroz alias Lambu (AQIS Karachi-sector target killer)
- Ibrahim alias Sajid (AQIS Karachi-sector)
- Mohammad Saeed alias Kaalu alias Abbas alias Baela alias Farrukh Abbas (LJ Orangi Town chief)
- Ahmed Sadiq alias Zeeshan (LJ)
- Furqan Alam alias Zeeshan (LJ)
- Zain-ul-Abadieen alias Zain (Sipah-i-Sahaba Pakistan)
- Abdul Bari Usman (SSP)
The terrorists arrest took place when they were all gathered at the house located in North Karachi’s 5/B-1. Meanwhile, the team of CTD surrounded the house and ordered to surrender themselves.
The CTD claimed that the ‘terrorists’ opened fire at the police and threw hand grenades at them, to which the police responded by hurling gas shells inside the house, forcing them to evacuate to the roof, and from where they got arrested.